Uber Long Pickup Fee: What Does Uber Premium Pickup Mean?
Last Updated on May 30, 2021 by Rideshare Community Support
Driver Support Question:
What is Uber Long Pickup Fee?
According to Uber, see below.
In addition, there are a few important caveats to how the Long Pickup Premium works:
– Long Pickup Premiums are not eligible for Surge, Boost, and Driver Destinations
– Long Pickup Premiums will only apply to uberX and uberPOOL
– The maximum allowable payment for Long Pickup Premiums in all cities is $20
– Long Pickup Premiums are calculated as part of the minimum fare
– Long Pickups Premiums may be reduced or not paid if Uber determines you are not making progress towards the pickup point at a reasonable pace or route.
Keep in mind that every market is different for the range of when the long pick fee is paid. Some drivers drive in areas where the threshold is 11 minutes or 14 minutes. The worst is when it ends up being a very short trip. Uber calculates the long pick-up fee before minimum fare supplements.
Read here if you are wondering if long-distance trips are worth your time.