Uber Driver Payment Process Explained
Last Updated on January 9, 2018 by Rideshare Community Support
Driver Help: ☀Uber Driver Payment Process Breakdown:☀
▸ Weekly Payments (uberX, uberXL, UberPool, UberBLACK, UberSUV, etc)
○ For most of Uber vehicle service types, Uber calculates payments on a weekly cycle that starts Monday at 4AM to the following Monday at 3:59AM. Payments will be deposited on Thursday.
Uber Driver Payment Process
○ On Mondays, partner statements are posted to partners.uber.com for review under the invoices section.
○ Payments are processed on a weekly basis through bill.com.
▸ Daily Payments
○ At one point only taxi cab drivers driving on the Uber platform was able to get paid daily. Not anymore.
Uber has a program called Instant Pay. After you have completed at least 25 trips you are eligible to sign-up. The cool thing is that you are able to cash out up to 5 times a day!
▸ Invoice vs. Dashboard
○ On http://partners.uber.com, partners have access to their dashboard – this shows the most 7 recent days of trips. This means that the number will consistently move up and down.
○ Invoices are posted on a weekly basis under the invoices section.
○ Invoice amount does not equal amount shown on dashboard.
▸ In some instances, drivers are owed money beyond what they’ve earned on trips. When this occurs, partners receive “Miscellaneous. Payments” on their invoice.
▸ Miscellaneous payments are processed on the driver’s next applicable pay statement
▸ Examples of Uber Miscellaneous payments you may see are:
○ Cleaning Fees
○ Park Passes (Orlando)
▸Tolls are automatically applied to the trip fare
▸ If for whatever reason a toll did not process, the driver can write in (in-app or help.uber.com) to let Uber know about the toll.
☛ Uber will reimburse partners for tolls paid if:
■ Rider was in the vehicle
■ Partner provides trip number
Uber does not take a commission on tolls so those will all be reimbursed to you in full. You will see the breakout of toll reimbursements on your weekly pay statements. If you have any questions or concerns please contact help.uber.com for assistance.
Tips are not included via the app unless you are a TAXI driver. The first few years after Uber had launched, they had a big thing against drivers asking riders for tips. Now they have advised that since drivers are not employed by them, they are allowed to ask for a tip at their own discretion.
Paid Daily Via Outside Company:
Drivers are now able to receive daily payment no matter what city they are located in. In order to do so, the driver must
sign up with a company called DailyPay and their payout program for Uber drivers. The good people over at DailyPay works with Uber to verify the driver’s earnings. After verification of their trips fare is confirmed, they will receive payment within 24 hours.
Update: The DailyPay program that was through a 3rd party company has stopped accepting new driver signups at this time. You still may be able to get paid daily via Uber and their Instant Pay program.
Page Updated 1/03/2018