Uber Insurance James River
Community Topic: ☀Uber Insurance James River☀
Who is James River Insurance Company?
Headquarters out of Richmond, VA, James River is an insurer operating on an approved non-admitted basis in all 50 states of the USA. Non-admitted allows them to have more flexibility with their coverage and rates. Since the year 2003, the insurance company has been providing to thousands of commercial customers with solutions for their unique, special insurance needs. James River operates on a brokerage and works with authorized lines brokers. It is characterized by a wide risk appetite and the ability to create special insurance benefits for both higher and lower hazard businesses like Uber.
Does Uber Has a Separate Insurance Policy?
Uber maintains commercial automobile insurance that covers US drivers who operate under the ridesharing and Transport Network Company (TNC). The coverage does not apply to drivers whose licensing is from livery, taxis or black car operators. The coverage can be requested through the Uber mobile application. Due to the differences in local laws, Uber maintains separate policies set by different states.
How Should an Uber Driver Handle an Accident?
As a driver first few minutes after an accident are very important, the immediate actions should follow:
1. First, you should make sure you and or your passenger(s) are okay. Don’t guess or assume, call 911 asap if needed.
2. Get the license plate of the car you got into an accident with. Be polite and exchange important information with the other person such as pictures of their insurance card(s) and their driving license.
3. It is important to gather information from the other party than it is to provide it. Fear not to say, “I don’t know” if you are not sure of how the accident occurred. Take note of all damages and small details (if possible) and any other information that you think will be important to remember later.
4. If there were witnesses of the accident, you need to ask for their information and find out if they are willing to speak to the police or the insurance companies.
5. Call the police to report the accident if you haven’t already. Even if it’s a minor accident, you will be better off getting the incident documented.
6. Unless the fault is obvious, do not admit fault; do not blame the other person either.
It’s ultimately up to you if you decide to provide the Uber insurance or your personal insurance.
If you would like to take advantage of your Uber insurance coverage, then provide the Uber policy information to the other driver. This can be found in the driver app under Waybill. With that out of the way, you will then contact Uber your rideshare company or visit their local office if one is in your area. They will help you file your claim with James River.
Understand that once Uber has received your report, they will be more likely to suspend your account until there is proof that your car has got no damage. For them to reactivate the account, they will require information that the damage is minimal enough or that repairs have been made and the claim is closed.
James River will require an estimate of the damages, and will only get involved if the damage to your vehicle is more than the deductible. If you are not at fault, it may be best to go after the other driver’s insurance. Because regardless of who is at fault or not, you will be responsible for paying the deductible. Uber’s deductible is $1000.
To report a claim to James River:
· Any new claims should be reported by fax, mail, online or by email.
· The new claim notices will NOT be accepted over the phone. So please do not try calling the insurance company. As we mentioned, Uber will be helping you file the claim anyway.
Handling The Claim With James River:
If you are to recover your damages, then you will have to stay ahead of the other driver’s personal insurance company.
If you are at fault, Uber will bear the financial responsibility. The important pieces of the insurance policy will include:
1. The liability
This piece of the insurance will cover the damage to other cars, people and property that got involved in the accident.
The part of the policy will cover the damage on your vehicle. The deductible made to Uber will cater for this.
The medical insurance will cover you and the others that were involved in the accident. If the other driver is at fault, the liability is not applicable; the collision will be used until payment is made, and the medical insurance will cover for injuries until payment is made.